I like to travel, eat and take photos of the places I visit and mess about with a little bit of amateur, and I mean very amateur, astronomy.
I do a fair amount of landscape photography and documenting life as I see it. While I try to keep my camera system to a minimum, I use Nikon's F and S mount cameras, and also Leica M and Mamiya 7 systems.
In my other passion, I like good authentic food cooked the old fashion way, and I sometimes travel the distance just to try something original. I don't go for the disgusting.
Here's an evolving list of places I'd like to visit:
- More Sichuan Province.
- Xinjiang Province, China: 1 month in the desert
- Complete the other provinces in China I've not been before.
- Visit every prefectures in Japan using JR train system.
- Kamchatka Peninsula, Russia
- Cuba: With a Leica, and Ektar 100 and Tri-X film
- Timbuktu, Mali: Salt Mines!!!
- Mt Taranaki, North Island, New Zealand: Looks amazing up in the air. Need to spend a few days circumnavigating this pretty volcano
- Another winter in Norway above the Arctic circle
- Trek the whole of South Korea. Sub-item: Jeju circumnavigation in 3-4 days.